Do you work from home? Or are you looking for a way to have a home office that doesn’t take up a lot of space? If so, then you may be interested in learning more about pocket offices. A pocket office is a small home office that can be used to do work or study. It is typically located in a small room or area of your house, and it has all the necessary supplies and equipment to allow you to work comfortably. In this blog post, we will discuss what pocket offices are and how you can find one that fits your needs!
The Tiny Office Trend
There’s been a recent trend of people downsizing their living arrangements and possessions, and the same goes for office space. The “tiny house” movement has inspired a new way of thinking about how much space we really need, and that extends to the workplace.
Enter the pocket office: a small, self-contained workspace that can be placed just about anywhere. These offices are usually no bigger than a large closet and can be outfitted with everything you need to get the job done, from a desk and chair to shelves and storage.
So Why Would You Want A Pocket Office?
There are a few reasons:
- First, it can save you money. Renting a traditional office space can be expensive, especially in major cities. A pocket office can be a more affordable option since you’re only paying for the space you need.
- Second, it’s more convenient. With a pocket office, you’re not tied to one location. If you work from home, you can put your office in a spare room or even in the corner of your living room. And if you travel frequently, you can take your office with you and set it up in hotel rooms or coworking spaces.
- Third, it’s more flexible. A pocket office is easy to move and rearrange, so you can change things up as needed. And if you ever need to downsize your workspace, it’s much easier to do with a pocket office than it is with a traditional office.
So How Do You Find A Pocket Office?
There are a few ways:
- You can buy a prefabricated unit from companies like Man Cave Solutions or Office Pods.
- You can convert an existing space in your home, like a closet or alcove, into a pocket office.
- You can build your own pocket office from scratch using materials like shipping containers, sheds, or repurposed furniture.
No matter which option you choose, there’s one key element that all successful pocket offices have in common: they’re designed to fit your specific needs and help you be productive. So take some time to think about what you need from your office, and then find a pocket office that meets those needs. You may be surprised at how much more productive you can be in a small space!
Form And Function
Most people think of a pocket office as simply a small room or space that is used as an office. However, the term “pocket office” can also refer to a specific type of layout or design for this type of space. Pocket offices are typically designed to maximize efficiency and minimize distractions, and they often include features such as built-in storage, filing cabinets, and desks.
If you’re looking for a pocket office, the best place to start is by searching online. There are many websites that specialize in small office spaces, and you can browse through listings in your area to find the perfect fit for your needs. You can also check with local real estate agents to see if they have any listings for pocket offices. Once you’ve found a few potential options, schedule appointments to tour the spaces and see if they’re right for you.
When it comes to choosing a pocket office, it’s important to consider both form and function. You want to make sure that the space is comfortable and efficient, and that it has all the features you need to be productive. With a little bit of planning and research, you can find the perfect pocket office for your needs.
So there you have it – the pocket office. A small, functional, and convenient work space that can help you get things done on the go. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, call Victory Workspace today to find out more about our selection of pocket offices and how they can help you find the perfect one for your needs.
Are You Ready to Find Your New Coworking Space for Your Remote Employees?
Victory Workspace has been serving professionals in the Walnut Creek, California area for over ten years, and even after the Covid 19 Shelter in Place is over we will be here for you. We offer a large variety of coworking spaces, short-term office rentals, meeting rooms and a welcoming event space with plenty of free parking for you or your guests. All that while providing our clients with daily opportunities to network with other business-minded professionals just like you! To learn more, set up your free tour or inquire about which one of our services might be right for you, reach out to one of our amazing Community Guides at Victory Workspace for more information.