What is a Flexible Workspace?
A Flexible Workspace is a completely working, serviced office requiring limited set-up time and no set-up costs. Just come in, get comfortable and concentrate on running your business.
Flexible Workspace gives you easy business planning and all of a traditional office's functionality, without the hassle and burden of setting it up yourself. Working in an atmosphere that hosts a range of individuals, brands, and businesses is a creative way of working and networking. The atmosphere offers an expanded amount of business opportunities for you, your company, and your staff all under one shared and flexible workspace.
What are the types of flexible workspace?
Companies of all sizes have found ways to create flexibility for workers through creative desking options, space structures, and workspace design. Here a is flexible workspace types:
- Hot desks: Individual workers will be provided with hot desks as needed. These are distributed across the workplace and used to support employees in-house, remote workers, days, and guests who have no permanent workspaces.
- Coworking spaces: Large-scale hot desks — that is the concept behind the coworking rooms. Coworking is a prime example of a versatile bureau space as a model for benefit. They are popular with remote workers, giggers, and experienced travelers.
- Open offices: The open office floor plan provides structure and comfort, but adapts easily to the everyday work needs. In whatever shape it takes it is conducive to collaboration.
Scalability and adaptability are the similitudes between these spaces. They comply at every point with the needs of the employees.
Hallmarks of flexible office space
A customizable workspace has more to it than mere functionality. That allows the attribute is the sum of its pieces. Here's what describes how adaptable and appropriate a workspace is:
- Furniture: Desks and chairs are important but they need to adjust to the way employees operate. Ergonomics and versatility are a must-have, allowing pieces like standing desks and lumbar rolling chairs in versatile areas that help common furnishing choices.
- Architecture: The architecture impacts on efficiency in the workplace. Architecture should promote space that is readily available, plenty of light and depth, and designed for comfort, from a small room for a few workers to shared space for larger workforces.
- Control: There's a fine line between uncertainty and versatility. Flexible spaces demand governance and order — an approach to "bend, don't split." Govern check-ins for consumers of working spaces. Creates space-keeping laws. Easily available flex-spaces. Processes set down guarantee versatility.
- Technology: Ensure the availability of portable workspaces with power and data — accessible outlets, ethernet cables, laptops, televisions, chargers of equipment, AV carts, or any other staff may require.
- Agility: Flexibility and strength lead hand in hand. A versatile workspace is almost instantly ready for the next employee. Making these spaces simple for each user to turn back to baseline and build in expectations for a reset.
Roles flexible workspaces play
The design of offices is not just about the work — it's about how the work is done. That means allowing workers the freedom to do good work on their terms and conditions.
Room is too precious and costly to serve a single function, and creativity is too precious to pigeonhole employees into some form of job. Flexible workspaces represent both a compromise and an opportunity.
Flexibility means more than just a space for quarterly meetings, your conference room. It is an ideal space for a brainstorming session on a freewheel. This is the place where a retail marketing campaign is staged. For the next three days, that is where a contractor should work. And, in those uses, when you need it, it is always a meeting space. It's basically any room that you need to get the job done.
Flexible workspaces make a company more adaptable to the challenges that it inevitably faces: costs for the workplace, occupancy, operational demands and support for workers. Since a versatile workspace is whatever it needs to be, it immediately becomes an advantage for anyone who uses it.
Are You Ready to Find Your New Flexible Workspace?
Victory Workspace has been serving professionals in the Walnut Creek, California area for over ten years, and even after the Covid 19 Shelter in Place is over we will be here for you. We offer a large variety of Flexible Workspaces, short term office rentals, meeting rooms and a welcoming event space with plenty of free parking for you or your guests. All that while providing our clients with daily opportunities to network - in-person and online - with other business-minded professionals just like you! To learn more, set up your free tour or inquire about which one of our services might be right for you, reach out to one of our amazing Community Guides at Victory Workspace for more information.