The 4.5-acre Rodgers-Smith Park in Pleasant Hill welcomes dogs (on leash). Park amenities include: reservable picnic area with barbecue, softball/sports field, sand volleyball court, surfaced basketball court and lighted bocce courts.
Most people in the neighborhood consider Rodgers-Smith Park as a great place to hang-out and a quiet park to chill. Though it is a small park in the area, you would definitely enjoy your visit here. It is mostly locals and has a quiet vibe. Not much shade in summer so best to go here during cool seasons. Your kids would love the water/sand area and of course the structure. Much more mellow compared to the nearby Pleasant Hill Park which is fun but a very busy place.
Overall, it is a great park. Not the best place for littles (under 2) though. Cool water feature with the sandbox area. Parking is close to the play structure. And lots of areas to exercise and play sports.
Picnic & BBQ Areas
- Areas can be rented one (1) year in advance.
- Your deposit and application are required to confirm a reservation of a picnic site.
- All fees are due and payable two months prior to the event.
- Group sizes of 1 – 50 must pay a $75.00 refundable security deposit; 51 or more must pay a $150.00 refundable security deposit at the time the reservation is made. Deposit may be retained for damages or excessive clean-up.
- No unusual items allowed (e.g. large structures, big jumps, animals, loud music, bands, tournaments) in the parks without special permission from the District. Approval must be obtained at least 30 days prior to rental. Electricity not provided.
- Cancellations are subject to a handling fee of 20% (minimum of $10.00) of the total cost of the picnic. Cancellations of less than 30 days before the event will be charged the entire deposit plus 1/2 of the rental fee.
- Alcohol is not allowed in any park. An Alcohol Permit may be issued to groups reserving a picnic area, with District approval.
This amazing landmark in Pleasant Hill, California is located near some other must-see places of interest:
- Pleasant Hill Library
- Diablo Valley College
- John F. Kennedy University
- Paul Mitchell the School
- Brookwood Park
- Dinosaur Hill Park
- Paso Nogal Park
- Pleasant Hill Aquatic Park
All of these wonderful landmarks are located just a short distance from our location at 1261 Locust Street in Walnut Creek California! Stop by for a visit anytime!