The park contains 8 entrances. The main entrance is in Paso Nogal Lane. Others are Kiki Road, Boies Drive, Gail Drive, Morello Avenue, Odin Drive and Paso Nogal Court.
Taylor Boulevard to the South, Morello Avenue to the East, and Paso Nogal Road to the North generally borders the park and open space area.
This park is designated as an open space and features a fenced dog exercise park area (2.5 acres), small picnic areas and about 63 acres of scenic hiking trails.
Dogs must be on a leash at all times when outside of the fenced in off-leash dog park area. This policy includes the hiking trails to the open space. Please respect others on the trails who may or may not like your canine company's friendly (or not-so-friendly) salutation. Our open spaces to enjoy to everyone. Keep your dog on a leash at all times.
Paso Nogal Dog Park Hours of Operation
The park is open from Monday until Friday, from dusk until dawn.
The dog park is closed on Wednesdays for maintenance until 3:00 pm (or until maintenance work is completed). Open space trails remain open.
The park is open at 9:00 a.m. until dusk.
The dog park is closed Wednesday until 3 p.m. for maintenance and closed during wet conditions and 3 days following.
Rules for the Use of the Paso Nogal Off-Leash Dog Exercise Area
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old, have an up-to-date on approved vaccines and free of contagious diseases. Dogs must display current registration tags on their collar.
- Owners / handlers are expected to have their dogs washed. Doggie bags are provided through membership donations (PH DOG).
- All owners/handlers using the area must carry a leash for each of their dogs.
- Owners/handlers must not allow their dogs to dig as it damages the turf and creates a hazard for other users.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed.
- Number of dogs per owner/handler is limited to no more than 4.
- There are two fenced in Off Leash Exercise Areas for dogs: one for dogs under 25 lbs and the other for larger dogs.
This amazing landmark in Pleasant Hill, California is located near some other must-see places of interest:
- Pleasant Hill Library
- Diablo Valley College
- John F. Kennedy University
- Paul Mitchell the School
- Brookwood Park
- Rodgers-Smith Park
- Dinosaur Hill Park
- Pleasant Hill Aquatic Park
All of these wonderful landmarks are located just a short distance from our location at 1261 Locust Street in Walnut Creek California! Stop by for a visit anytime!