- This event has passed.
Middle School Robot Hackathon with Uptempo Tech!
May 6, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$25
Saturday, May 6th from 1-4pm
Middle School teams of 5 are invited to build a Robot from a Kit and program the robot using Scratch programming to Race around a NASCAR style track.
The Robot that completes 5 laps the fastest is the Robot Hackathon Winner!
No prior Robotics experience or programming experience is necessary.
Each team will have an UpTempo Coach helping the team.
Students will learn the following:
1. Raspberry Pi based Robotics
2. Understanding of Servos and Motors, and associated wiring
3. Scratch programming language to program the Robot
4. Learn how to work on a Tech team for a specific task
5. Wifi networking and wireless device connectivity
5. Compete on a NASCAR style Race Team, where the programmer is the Driver!!
Price is $25 per student! Register an entire team today!
UpTempo Tech will provide all relevant materials
Teams can also sign up by going to uptempotech.com and sign up under “Register for a Class”