- This event has passed.
Lunch & Learn – Better Results with Teamwork Principals
July 11, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Featured Speaker: Steve Fairfield, Founder, President, and Facilitator in Chief of Teamwork Principals
Catered Lunch from Sunrise Bistro
Is trust on your team low? More conflict than results? Do you need help?
When team members row in unison, you can dominate any industry, in any market at any time. We help teams build trust, engage in healthy conflict, make real commitments. hold people accountable and put the focus on collective team results. Our work is all about your business, we are not-touchy-feely, and results follow quickly.
This 1-hour lunch talk explains the five behaviors of a cohesive team
1. Replace predictive trust with vulnerability-based trust – just like in our personal lives
2. Engage in passionate ideological debate in search of the best decisions quickly
3. Make real commitments which is simply the clarity and buy-in into team decisions
4. The primary accountability mechanism on any great team is peer-to-peer accountability
5. Leads, and team members maintain a laser focus on the collective results of the team
The talk also explains how Myers-Briggs Type Indicators (MBTI) accelerates trust on a team.
Behavioral profiling is a powerful tool that gives team members an objective, reliable means for understanding and describing one another. The benefits are two-fold:
1. Drastically increases the likelihood that team members will admit their strengths and weaknesses to one another.
2. By providing team members a common vocabulary for describing they’re similarities and differences, you make it safe for them to give one another feedback without feeling like they are making accusatory or unfounded generalizations.
About our presenter:
Established by Steve Fairfield in 2015, Teamwork Principals enables companies to create high performing cohesive teams, improve their meetings, and achieve greater clarity.
In 2017, Steve partnered with Wiley, the publisher of Patrick Lencioni’s best selling book, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team (2.8 million sold). He is an authorized trainer and partner for The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™. Teamwork Principals leverages author approved facilitation materials that have been extensively tested and refined by 2,000 organizations, 5,000 teams, and 35,500 team members. The Five Behaviors™ model has become the most widely accepted process for team development globally.
Steve also holds a Myers Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI) Certification on Step I ® and Step II ® personality assessments for individuals and teams. The MBTI is an introspective questionnaire designed to indicate psychological preference in people including: motivations, their natural strengths, and potential areas for growth. It also helps individuals appreciate their differences with others.administered more than two-million times annually, the MBTI is one of the most respected individual and team based assessments in the world.
Prior to founding Teamwork Principals, Steve worked at Robert Half International, Inc. where he served in numerous management roles and at CBX Technologies, Inc. as Vice President of Operations.
Steve lives with his wife and two sons in Concord, California.