A shared workspace is a place where freelancers and/or entrepreneurs can rent a desk or chair in an office that they share with other people. In this type of set up, the person renting the work space will have access to all of the amenities of a traditional office, such as light fixtures, WiFi, copiers, fax machines and printers. However, it will be less expensive than owning or renting their own permanent office space.
In years past , finding a shared workspace was difficult because there weren’t many options available. Nowadays though, there are dozens of places across the country where you can find shared workspaces for rent by the day or month. Many cities even host annual events that are completely dedicated to providing potential customers with information about where to find shared workspace.
Do you need a shared workspace?
Are you tired of working out of coffee shops for days, weeks or months at a time? Would you like to have access to an office with amenities where everybody is on the same level as you are? If this sounds like what you are looking for, then finding the best shared workspace is essential. Use this quiz to guide you through your decision-making process and help narrow down the places that really deliver on their promise vs. those that don’t!
1. What items would I use in my office every day, such as fax machines, copiers, printers or light fixtures?
All of the above
Some of the above
None of the above
2. True or False: I feel like I just don’t fit in at coffee shops anymore, and would rather work around other people my age who are doing similar things.
3. Do you want to find a shared workspace where there is parking on site?
Yes, definitely. Parking can be hard to come by in crowded cities!
Not necessary – I commute via public transit/bike/walking/etc..
4. How often do you need to meet with clients or attend special events that may take place outside your regular office hours?
Quite often (daily meetings / other special events throughout the week)
Rarely (only when necessary)
5. Does my budget reflect that I don’t need to spend a lot of money on shared workspace?
Yep, because it doesn’t matter if I’m spending more than what I would at home because it’s office space!
Nope, because no matter how expensive it is I need somewhere to go every day to get work done!
6. Do you frequently feel sick or uncomfortable in coffee shops due to cramped spaces and bad lighting?
All of the time
Sometimes (not frequently but occasionally)
Not at all – coffee shops are great working environments!
7. Would you like your coworkers to be individuals who are doing things completely different from you?
Yes – variety is the spice of life! I need all kinds of people to help me refine my ideas.
No – it would be helpful if everybody who shares space with me was focused on the same type of work as I am so that we can learn from each other.
8. How important are aesthetics to you in a shared workspace?
Aesthetics are not at all important to me, as long as it gets the job done!
Aesthetics are very important – I want somewhere that looks good but doesn’t cost too much.
Aesthetics aren’t super important, but it’s nice if there is some decoration here and there.
9. What amenities would I like to see in a shared workspace?
A well-stocked snack bar
Free WiFi, coffee and other beverages
10. True or False: If something goes wrong with any of the office equipment, I want somebody there to fix it immediately.
True! There’s nothing worse than having your emails delayed because the internet is down!
False – if things go wrong then I have workarounds that enable me to keep working anyway.
Whether you work from home, in a coffee shop or prefer the traditional office setting, it’s important to have the right environment for getting your work done. If you’re starting to feel like you need a change of scenery, or if you’re just not sure whether a shared workspace is right for you, take our quiz and find out. And when you’re ready to make the switch, give us a call – we can help make the process easy and seamless for you.
Are You Ready to Find Your New Shared Workspace?
Victory Workspace has been serving professionals in the Walnut Creek, California area for over ten years. We offer a large variety of safe coworking spaces, short-term office rentals, meeting rooms and welcoming event space with plenty of free parking for you or your guests, all in the center of historic downtwon. All that while providing our clients with daily opportunities to network with other business-minded professionals just like you! To learn more, set up your free tour, or inquire about which one of our services might be right for you, reach out to one of our amazing Community Guides at Victory Workspace for more information.
Leave a Reply