Located at Holbrook Drive and Camino Tassajara, Sycamore Valley Park has a children's play area with a popular recreational fountain, reflective pond with waterfall, and a jogging path that meanders through the park.
There are eight picnic tables and barbecue pits in the picnic area adjacent to the baseball diamonds (entrance on the Sherburne Hills Drive). Additionally, there has been added a new group picnic area adjacent to the bocce ball courts which will accommodate up to 65 people.
For those hot summer days a shade structure was also added to the bocce ball courts. Kids of all ages have enjoyed new play equipment including newly added slides, swings and climbers, as well as water feature for kids in the play area.
This park has a wonderful children's play area that is suitable for children and older children alike. There is plenty of stuff to ride on, jump on, crawl on, slide down, and so on. There's a large sand pit in the middle and there's even a water park!
There are bocce ball courts, a beautifully spread picnic area, and lots of paved paths winding beyond the playground, through the gigantic grassy area. Lots of trees and plenty of space.
There is a huge parking lot but in the same lot, it's shared with the school, so please drive slowly.
Picnic Area’s Policies and Procedures:
- Reservations are not confirmed via telephone. Reservations are confirmed after you have made the full payment and you have received an approved reservation permit.
- All renters must provide their own bocce equipment.
- No inflatable structures, jump houses, petting zoos or dunk tanks allowed in parks.
- Bocce courts are for bocce use only. Bikes, skateboards and older uses unrelated to bocce use are prohibited.
- All outside cooking devices (taco carts, barbeques, hot plates, etc.) are not allowed in all Town maintained parks. Cooking is restricted to the park barbeques only.
- Beer, wine, and champagne may be consumed only in picnic areas, and must be served with food.
- NO HARD LIQUOR ALLOWED
- The use of generators is prohibited.
- SMOKING IS PROHIBITED in all Town maintained parks.
- The park does not allow to paste, tack, glue or post any sign, placard, advertisement or inscription, or to erect any sign in the park.
- Selling, vending, or peddling items is prohibited.
- Use of amplification equipment is not allowed.
- Requests for exemptions from the policy must be sent in writing no less than ten (10) business days prior to the rental date and obtain written approval from or approved by the Director of Parks and Community Services.
- NO REFUNDS on picnic reservations unless rained out.
This amazing landmark in Danville, California is located near some other must-see places of interest:
- Mount Diablo State Park
- Las Trampas Regional Wilderness
- Eugene O'Neill Natl Historic Site
- Sycamore Valley Regional Open Space Preserve
- Museum of the San Ramon Valley
- Hap Magee Ranch Park
- Osage Station Park
- Iron Horse Regional Trail
All of these wonderful landmarks are located just a short distance from our location at 1261 Locust Street in Walnut Creek California! Stop by for a visit anytime!