ABOUT THE PARK
The 18-acre John F. Baldwin Park is located north of Bonifacio Street and east of Port Chicago Highway, with an entrance at Beach Street.
This park includes:
- Baldwin Dog Park
- Basketball court
- Bocce courts
- Childcare facility
- Children's play area
- Concord Senior Center
- Dance studio
- Preschool classrooms
- Softball field
On a raised platform overlook, there is a reservable group picnic or barbecue area, and numerous individual picnic tables with barbecues spread around the Park.
BALDWIN DOG PARK RULES
- Hours of The Dog Park are half an hour before dawn to half an hour after sunset, unless otherwise posted.
- All dogs must be on leash at all times when at the park. All other areas of the park require dogs on leash.
- The Dog Park will close during inclement weather. Please call the City of Concord’s Rain Hotline at (925) 671-3479 for park opening or closure.
- The Dog Park is closed every Tueday for maintenance.
- All dogs must wear tags showing current licenses.
- Dog must be supervised by their owner(s) / handler(s) at all times.
- All pet owners using the Dog Park must carry a leash.
- All dogs must be under the effective control of their owner(s) / handler(s) at all times. Owner(s) /
- Owner (s) who cannot control their dog will be required to leash dog and / or remove dog from park premises.
- All dog feces must be removed immediately and placed in provided trash receptacles.
- Dogs are not be allowed to dig holes and damage the grass.
- Use of the Dog Park is recommended for dogs six months or older.
- The area designated for small dogs is only designed for dogs under 30 pounds. Small dog use in the greater area is at the owner's / handler 's discretion. For whatever reason dogs weighing more than 30 pounds are not permitted in the smaller dog field.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed in the Dog Park.
- Use of the dog park is restricted to two dogs per owner / handler.
- Abandonment of dogs is against the law.
ABOUT THE SENIOR CENTER
Our beautiful and new facilities are the perfect place for your indoor / outdoor wedding, reception, family reunion or meeting. We are conveniently situated on the cross streets of Bonifacio and Port Chicago Highway, in John Baldwin Park.
Our open-air patios, arbors and grassy lawn are great for weddings. We have several meeting rooms that can sleep up to 50 persons. Some rooms in the facility are equipped with hi-tech audio / visual equipment which allows for the projection of computerized presentations onto a huge screen. The elegant Wisteria Hall features stage and sconce lighting that suits every mood and can accommodate up to 190 guests.
A full-service kitchen, included with all Wisteria Hall rentals, is equipped with the following extras:
- Griddle cooktop
- Industrial microwave
- Steam table
- Warming ovens
High-tech audio / visual equipment and screen are available at Wisteria hall upon request. There are two large lots adjacent to the building for your guests car park pleasure.
This amazing landmark in Concord, California is located near some other must-see places of interest:
- Naval Weapons Station
- Buchanan Field Airport
- Concord Pavilion
- Concord Skatepark
- Dave Brubeck Park
- Lime Ridge Open Space
- Markham Regional Arboretum
- Newhall Community Park
All of these wonderful landmarks are located just a short distance from our location at 1261 Locust Street in Walnut Creek California! Stop by for a visit anytime!