If you’re in the market for new office space, you may be wondering if a temporary office is a right choice for you. While there are many pros and cons to consider, here are 5 quick tips to help you decide if a temporary office is a right move for your business in 2022:
Things to consider about Temporary Office Spaces in 2022
When it comes to finding an office space, there are many factors to consider. However, in recent years, the rise of the “gig economy” has led to a new trend – temporary office space.
There are many benefits to renting a temporary office space, including flexibility and affordability. However, there are also some things you should keep in mind before signing a lease. Here are 5 quick tips about Temporary Office Spaces in 2022:
1. Check the length of the lease.
You don’t want to be stuck in a long-term lease when you’re only planning on being in the space for a few months. Make sure to check the length of the lease and see if it’s something that works for your timeline. Additionally, many temporary office spaces offer month-to-month leases, so that may be something to look for as well.
- Avoid being locked into a long-term lease
- Month-to-month leases available
- Temporary office spaces perfect for short-term projects
- No commitment necessary
2. Make sure the location is convenient.
The last thing you want is for your employees to waste valuable time commuting. If the space is only temporary, make sure it’s centrally located so that everyone can easily get to and from work.
Additionally, you’ll want to consider the amenities that are nearby. Are there restaurants, cafes, or shops within walking distance? Is public transportation easily accessible? These are all important factors to keep in mind when choosing a location for your temporary office space.
- Save time and money by avoiding long commutes
- Get all the amenities you need nearby
- Easy access to public transportation
- Casual, comfortable environment
3. Ask about the amenities.
This is one of the most important questions to ask when considering a temporary office space. What kind of amenities are included in the price? Is there a kitchen? Are there meeting rooms?
Some companies will offer a la carte pricing for things like print and copy services, so it’s important to understand what you’re getting for your money. Additionally, find out what kind of technology is available in the space. Do they have Wi-Fi? How good is the cell service? Do they have any audio/visual equipment that you might need for presentations or conferences?
By asking these questions upfront, you can avoid any costly surprises down the road.
- Save time and hassle by knowing what amenities are included in the price
- Get the technology you need for a productive work environment
- Work in a space that feels like home, with all the amenities you need
- Communicate better with clients with on-site meeting rooms
4. Make sure that the lease is in order.
When it comes to renting your first office space, knowing what’s included is one thing. You must also ensure that all of those provisions are fully detailed in the lease. You don’t want to accept your landlord’s word for something as vital as utilities being supplied and only be charged for them later because this wasn’t explicitly stated in your lease. Have a lawyer look over your lease before you sign it to make sure that everything is as it should be. If you’re unsure about something, ask a professional or get clarification from your potential landlord in writing before you sign anything.
- Protect yourself from hidden fees by having a lawyer review your lease
- Ask questions and get clarification in writing to avoid any misunderstandings
- Make sure that all provisions, like utilities, are included in the lease
- Avoid costly surprises down the line by getting everything in writing
5. Know what condition you’ll get the space in.
Some offices do not always appear to be what they claim to be. Some may require some work before you can move in. You must ask those questions if you want to know exactly how the place will look if you rent it. Ensure you know how the area will be delivered before signing any documents. Do you want to change the color or type of material on your walls, or do you need them shifted or built? What kind of improvements will you require, such as painting and carpeting? Who is going to pay for these upgrades?
- Get the exact condition of the office space before renting
- Avoid nasty surprises and hidden fees
- Know what you’re getting into, upgrade possibilities, and costs
- Make an informed decision about whether to rent or not
Are You Ready to Find Your New Office Space for Your Remote Employees?
Victory Workspace has been serving professionals in the Walnut Creek, California area for over ten years, and even after the Covid 19 Shelter in Place is over we will be here for you. We offer a large variety of coworking spaces, short-term office rentals, meeting rooms, and welcoming event spaces with plenty of free parking for you or your guests. All that while providing our clients with daily opportunities to network with other business-minded professionals just like you! To learn more, set up your free tour, or inquire about which one of our services might be right for you, reach out to one of our amazing Community Guides at Victory Workspace for more information.