If you are – or know – an entrepreneur, freelancer, independent agent, advisor or even an employee who works from home but misses the camaraderie and community of office culture there is a way to work alongside peers while enjoying the convenience and freedom of a home-based business – it’s called coworking.
A Coworking space may be just right for you or the business owner or professional on your holiday list to help avoid the pitfalls of working from home. Here are 5 great reasons why a coworking membership makes a great gift:
- Inspiration: Coworking provides independents with a sense of unity which in turn may inspire them to perform better. Generally, group interaction (whether the entrepreneur socializes within the group or not) inspires him/her to accomplish more than if they work by themselves.
- Improves productivity: There’s something about getting out of the home office and co-mingling with peers that can help business owners get more done. Despite their best efforts to make the home office a true professional office, it’s still ‘home’. And home will always have all the home-life distractions: chores, kids, TV, and Fido looking at the busy freelancer with puppy dog eyes begging for a walk. Our coworking community members get more done at Laptop Lounge in a few hours than they do in days in the home office.
- Sense of community: Camaraderie with other coworkers allows entrepreneurs to become a part of a community of like-minded people. They may not all be doing the same kind of work but they’re all entrepreneurs, freelancers, and professionals who share a common working goal. Coworking enables networking within the community which can mean more business.
- Battles isolation: Ask any entrepreneur or freelancer and they’ll tell you how much they love working from home – most of the time. While working in your PJs and having all the comforts of home nearby is liberating, it does get old. Entrepreneurs who work from home inevitably feel isolated, lonely, unproductive and unfocused at times; adversely affecting earnings and profits. Coworking gives home office professionals a place to go with like-minded professionals – and even if they don’t know anyone or talk to anyone, they can still benefit from a sense of belonging to something bigger that they don’t get from home.
- Professionalism: Coworking provides a professional place to meet with clients; instantly improving their credibility and legitimacy. Have you ever met with a financial advisor, attorney, or accountant at Starbucks? Awkward…
Coworking membership for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small start-up business owners is the perfect holiday gift idea. Coworking sites are not new but have recently begun to take hold and are making appearances all over the world. These spaces offer a range of benefits for people working under the same roof but not necessarily in the same profession.
Coworking membership is a gift that can take the home-based worker to a new level of excellence and success.
If you’re in the Walnut Creek area, Laptop Lounge is the premier coworking community for entrepreneurs and freelancers. We were voted the Best Coworking Space of the East Bay by Diablo Magazine in 2014 and earned the “People Love us on Yelp” Award in 2015.
Mastermind groups also make a great gift for the driven entrepreneur or freelancer who is looking for personal and business development. Check out our 2016 Business Mastermind, gift certificates available!